Generally, fence painting can be very daunting when the right tools are not applied. However, using the best paint sprayer for fences can bring about all the transformation in your DIY fence painting tasks and professional finish you’ve always dreamt of.
- 1 Why You Need the Best Paint Sprayer For A Fence?
- 2 Best fence paint sprayer – Top experts picked products
- 2.1 1. Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro 580006
- 2.2 2. Graco Magnum 257025
- 2.3 3. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879
- 2.4 4. Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0529011 FLEXiO 570
- 2.5 5. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360
- 2.6 6. Graco 17G180 Magnum ProX19
- 2.7 7. Himalaya Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun
- 2.8 8. Wagner 0525032 Power Painter Max
- 2.9 9. ALEKO ASX3 Forged Aluminum X450
- 2.10 10. Graco 390 ProConnect Electric Airless Paint Sprayer
- 3 What to consider when buying paint sprayer for fence stain?
- 4 How to paint a fence using a sprayer
- 5 Conclusion
While deciding on which paint sprayer to go for can be a difficult task, you don’t need to worry any further as we’ve made things pretty easy for you. After some comprehensive research, we’ve listed our top ten tested models of paint sprayers. In this review, you’ll get a general buyer’s guide, which points out all the crucial features you should be looking for in the product.
Why You Need the Best Paint Sprayer For A Fence?
Using a brush or roller for fence painting usually takes twice the time to be spent on paint sprayers. However, painting can be done very quickly using the best paint sprayer. Both the setup and cleanup are done much more rapidly compared to the conventional painting equipment.
The quality finish you’ll get with a paint sprayer cannot be compared to using rollers or brushes, which in most cases will leave traces and brush lines on the wall. Plus, the continuous spraying ability of paint sprayers help give an evenly sprayed wall without any crease-pattern from brushes or lines from a roller.
With the best sprayer, you can quickly move around as much as you want, thus making painting an exciting task to take on. Besides, you can easily reach both ends of the fence with ease. Not having to drag around the sprayer and the paint container is another reason you should instead buy a paint sprayer.
Adjustable Spray Angles
One last reason you can’t trade best paint sprayers for conventional spraying equipment is that you can apply paints from varying angles. This feature is very much important when it comes to using paint to corners and cracks.
Best fence paint sprayer – Top experts picked products
1. Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro 580006
- AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYER: The ControlMax 1700 Pro is designed for serious DIYers and handymen, making it easier to paint like a pro. Perfect for painting big projects like home exteriors, fences, decks, garages and more
- HIGH EFFICIENCY AIRLESS TECHNOLOGY: This paint sprayer features HEA technology that decreases overspray by up to 55% while delivering softer spray, improving control and providing a more-consistent finish
- HOW IS IT DIFFERENT? This ControlMax sprayer has a max operating pressure of 1500 PSI, can spray up to 300 gallons per year, features an all-metal gun, and utilizes a 50 ft. hose (can be extended up to 100 ft. for longer reach)
Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro is an improved version of the 1700 model. This model will give a brilliant output on every type of soft and hard surface, thanks to its upgraded 0.6 HP motor. Besides, the adjustable valve can deliver more delicate spray at controlled pressure and flow rate.
With its gun, you can fit in any tip within its range and get the most versatile spraying patterns. Besides, its reversible tip and the flexible gun will make rotating at any angle for easy spraying doable.
It comes with a 100-feet hose that can let you paint without stress even on hidden areas of your home. Genuine Titan parts can quicken the painting speed and enhance efficiency with the best finishing and quality.
The Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro gives a perfect finish on any surface within the home and according to your taste.
- HEA pump for a maximum of 1500 PSI pressure
- The professional coating on any textured surface
- Precise pressure and flow control valve
- Durable tip
- Issue with priming
- Lacks control overspray direction
2. Graco Magnum 257025
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size; RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure. Compatible Tip Size (inch)- 0.009, 0.011, 0.013, 0.015
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
Are you looking for a stand model airless paint sprayer with power spray, flexible suction, as well as luxurious painting, the Magnum 257025 is probably what you’re looking for? It is capable of extracting unthinned paints from any shape and size of the bucket and storage tank.
One intriguing thing to note is that it can generate 2800PSI pressure and a flow rate of 0.24 GPM within a twinkle of an eye, this giving the most excellent surface finishing with a stunning look on any surface.
No wonder a lot of home users prefer this product. The locking mechanism is there to keep the constant pressure and flow rate, so you don’t always have to hold the trigger. This feature makes one handle the Magnum 2507025 airless sprayer for a long time off without any feeling fatigued.
- Adjustable pressure within 2800 PSI
- Reversible tip
- Easy to clean
- Hose length limited to 50-feet
- Stiff spray gun cord
3. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879
- PERFECT FOR LARGE PAINTING PROJECTS: Spray a superior finish on household projects with this airless paint sprayer (home exterior, sheds, fences, garages, decks, etc.)
- SUPERB PERFORMANCE: With an 1/2 HP motor, this airless paint gun delivers 2800 psi to spray unthinned paint
- ULTIMATE CONTROL: Dial in the perfect spray pattern with the pressure control knob for ultimate customization of paint flow
If you ever want a cost-effective and stand model airless paint sprayer, the HomeRight Flow Pro is the first choice. It has user-friendly control buttons with a flexible gun and hose. Another intriguing feature is its locking mechanism, which enables continuous spray at constant pressure and flow design.
Although HomeRight Flo Pro is complicated because of its advanced technology, it’s worth the brilliant finish you’ll get with it. Besides, its 2800 PSI pressure pump operates in perfect coordination with the 0.24 GPM tip and gun to give the most astonishing surface finishing.
The 25-feet hose lets you reach the most secluded corners on the ceiling, walls, and garage interiors. HomeRight Flo Pro can handle any types of water-based and oil-based paints with different densities. Now you can choose any kind of paint for your home, and this sprayer’s got you covered.
- 25 feet long hose for wide coverage
- A suitable choice for any surface
- Excellent performance under any weather condition
- Short suction hose
4. Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0529011 FLEXiO 570
- FLEXIBILITY FOR HOUSEHOLD PROJECTS: The Flexio 570 paint sprayer is great for applying a consistent finish and fast coverage on household projects like walls, ceilings, exterior siding, fences, and more
- INNOVATIVE iSPRAY NOZZLE: The iSpray front end provides an improved spray pattern and delivers concentrated material output for faster coverage
- SPRAY UNTHINNED MATERIALS: X-Boost turbine delivers the power to spray unthinned interior and exterior paints and stains
The Wagner Spraytech portable paint system works great for all types of surfaces, steering from your wall to your indoor cabinets. Its Spray nozzle can cover broad surface areas. Besides, a combination of detailed finish nozzle and its X-Boost turbine allows you to complete spraying in no time.
Besides, the gun has a built-in power dial for perfect control, thus, making it easy to adjust the air pressure of the sprayer and the paint flowrate.
With a combination of the turbine, paint container, and an 11.5-foot hose, which can be connected easily to the handle, it’s no doubt the best paint sprayer you can quickly get along with while ensuring smooth and brilliant finish on your home exteriors and interiors.
- Two nozzles for multiple jobs
- Turbine eases wrist pressure
- Power dial on the handle for air pressure and paint flow
- Easy cleanup and storage
- The hose makes it a little clumsy
- The nozzle is liable to leakage
5. Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360
- ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS: Dual speed adjustment gives you 2 speeds to spray; low speed for small detail work and high speed to larger projects to complete faster
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure; Operating temperature range changes in paint viscosity at very low or high temperatures can affect sprayer performance -40 degree to 90 degree F
- SPRAY IN ANY DIRECTION: VacuValve technology creates an air tight system allowing you to spray in any direction, even upside down
Graco 17A466 provides the most enjoyable DIY home painting experience. Plus, it saves a lot of time. It’s a user-friendly air sprayer, such that you don’t need a pro to achieve the most eye-catching interior painting look.
No one would want to make costly mistakes that can deny the beauty of their expensive furniture. With the Graco 17A466 sprayer, you can control the pressure, flow rate, as well as spray pattern according to your specification.
Are you worried you will encounter issues with spraying under extreme winter and summer? Of course, you don’t need to, as its negative temperature can be up to -40-degree Fahrenheit.
Finally, VACU-VALVE technology makes painting on the toughest interior walls and fencing easy, and that’s why it’s an excellent option to consider for your home spraying project.
- Handles high paint viscosity
- Flex-Liner paint bag
- VACU-VALVE technology
6. Graco 17G180 Magnum ProX19
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size; RAC IV SwitchTip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- FILTERS DEBRIS FOR FEWER CLOGS: InstaClean pump filter - added pump filtration reduces tip clogs from debris in the paint
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: ProX Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
Graco ProX19 is no doubt a perfect airless paint sprayer to consider for your home if you are interested in high-density paintings. It features a 0.019 inches tip with 0.38 GPM for textured paints to give a brilliant sand-faux finish.
You can choose the single-coat paint for the interiors for any type of surface. Besides, the manual option is available to work with variable pressure and flow rate, which is the best option for intricate and narrow surfaces.
Graco ProX19 comes with a reversible spray tip to ensure continuous paint flow. That way, the chances of clogging are slim while you paint. You can even use the thickest of unthinned paints without any fear of damages on the nozzle surfaces to be washed.
Graco ProX19 is a lightweight build and compact for secure handling. Besides, its durable wheels withstand rough Terrain around your home.
- Adjustable pressure valve
- Quick painting
- Very resourceful
- Varying pressure when hose exceeds 15-feet
7. Himalaya Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun
- The airless paint sprayer has been designed for the professional painting contractor as well as prosumer. It is ready to tackle any painting job around the home. The airless sprayer is suitable for painting materials including water-based and oil based interior and exterior paints.
- With the convenience of drawing paint straight from the can, you will avoid messy paint spills. This sprayer equipped with 5/8HP (650W) motor, which delivers up to 3000psi pressure, enabling you to quickly cover large areas.
- Hose of the sprayer up to 25 foot long, non-kink hose can easily reach your painting project. The nozzle sizes are convertible, which allows you to choose the fittest one for your different work needs. A compact design with built-in carry handle makes it easy to move around the work area.
The Tomic Himalaya airless paint sprayer is designed specifically for homeowners, capable of working correctly with water-based paints and oil-based paints.
It comes with a pressure of 3000 PSI and a powerful 5/8HP motor to make covering broad surfaces as simple as ABC. The hose on this airless sprayer is 25 feet long, which is a good length for home users. Besides, the hose is made to prevent twisting, and the nozzle sizes can be adjusted to the one that suits your needs best.
With the reduced Himalaya overspray, paint wastage is minimized. Whether you in need of paint for your shed, fence, or room, this product will give you a brilliant finish in just a short time using a brush or roller.
- Long delivery hose
- Refill is time-saving
- Easy to clean
- Very economical with paint
- Powerful motor
- Paint sprayer sometimes gets hot
8. Wagner 0525032 Power Painter Max
- Multi-directional paint suction tube lets you spray in any direction
- Electronic 2 speed control for trim or large surfaces
- Easy twist 1.5 quart paint cup for quick paint filling
The Spraytech version of the Wagner paint sprayer is meant to last longer than the Wagner paint sprayer, and it comes with a combination of features you can never go wrong with. The cylinder and piston of this paint sprayer, which is made of tungsten carbide, tells more about how durable this product is.
With this sprayer, you can spray in whatever direction needed, thanks to the multi-directional paint suction hose. Paint flows freely out the nozzle so there won’t be any left inside.
The paint cup is 1.5 quarters large and is relatively easy to fix and remove for refillings than many others are quicker
This Wagner spray-tech sprayer sprays at 7.2 gallons per hour, it’s obvious this sprayer has a high enough pressure for efficient painting. You can use this paint sprayer for flat and broad surfaces, or thin trims thanks to its electronic two-speed control. Can you now see why it’s a perfect paint sprayer you can’t go wrong with?
- Large paint capacity
- Brilliant finish
- Adjustable spray size
- High painting pressure
- It costs a lot of money
9. ALEKO ASX3 Forged Aluminum X450
- This X450 airless sprayer utilizes low, medium and high pressures in order to apply paint, varnish and stain to walls, decks, fences and hard to reach spaces
- Flexible suction tube can spray paint directly from 1 or 5 gallon containers
- Power flush cleaning and a clean filter system reduces clogging and flushes water-based paints
The ALEKO brand X450 airless spray gun is a brand in the market that’s popularly known for simplicity. The adjustable pressure enables you to control the flow of paint, using low, medium, and high pressures when necessary. It also works absolutely for walls, decks, fences, and hard to reach spaces thanks to its 24-foot hose.
Let’s talk about its oil-less design. The durable stainless steel piston rod maintains lubrication, so you won’t have to do that all the time manually. Besides, cleaning and maintenance are a lot easier. All you have to do is attach the sprayer to a garden hose and connect it to its power flush adapter.
With this sprayer, clogging is reduced as it features a clean filter system. And the 515 spray gun tip provides high-speed performance with less physical effort, thus making spraying an enjoyable task to carry out. This is no doubt an excellent choice for home users.
- Adjustable pressure
- Features a clean filter system
- Easy maintenance
10. Graco 390 ProConnect Electric Airless Paint Sprayer
- Price For: Each Guns Supported: 1 Item: Airless Paint Sprayer Max. Hose Length: 300 ft. Style: Stand Operating Pressure: 3300 psi Width: 14" Height: 21" Length: 15" Voltage: 115 VAC Amps AC: 15 Hose Length: 50 ft. Includes: Gun, Hose, Tip Max. Tip Size: 0.021" Tip Size Included: 0.015" HP: 5/8 Flow Rate: 0.47 gpm
- Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
The Graco 390 ProConnect may be an entry-level sprayer, but it doesn’t lack the quality, performance, and durability. It is not intended for larger projects or more substantial use but is an excellent option for residential operations.
It comes with the Graco FTx Gun. This gun is built to get rid of issues like leakage at the hose connection and spring clogging, which is common with many sprayers.
The Graco 390 sprayer can accommodate a hose length of up to 200 feet, which is just enough for most residential jobs. Set up the paint container in a central place and spray until it runs out. The more reason why you’ll never regret buying this product is that the hose length is long enough. You won’t even have always to need to move the machine around to get the painting done.
- Powerful motor 5/8 HP
- Limited to 50 gallons per week at .47 GPM application
Recommended for you: Hand saw for cutting wood
What to consider when buying paint sprayer for fence stain?
A paint sprayer has many features that set it apart from other competing paint sprayers. Here are all the factors to consider when deciding a paint sprayer for fences.
Considering this factor will help you to a large extent in selecting the right paint sprayer. The paint storage capacity decides how much paint you can carry at once. If you’re carrying out a small-scale task, then a smaller size for storage will be excellent as you would be done in a lesser amount of paint. However, if it’s a large-scale project, then it is practical to select a paint sprayer with a higher capacity. Otherwise, you’ll continuously need refills, which will be a nuisance.
How well does it spray paint or stain? Most paint sprayers have very strong pressure, but you would want to look for one with an adjustable pressure system, so you can control how much paint is being ejected. Check the hose and nozzle attachments as well to see if they will allow for easy control, such that you don’t spray unintended spots.
Sprayers with more than one spray pattern allow you to spray paint in broader strokes than normal, whether it is horizontal or vertical. Going for the type with just one pattern may become useless when the need to use other pattern arises.
Recommended for you: Band saw for woodworking
How to paint a fence using a sprayer
Before we delve into how to use a sprayer for painting maximally, it’s important that we get a clear understanding of what paint sprayer is and the commonly used types in the market.
- Airless sprayers and HVLP sprayers.
The airless sprayers utilize a hose system to pump paint from a container to the gun, producing the spray without any need for compressed air. Airless sprayers can accommodate different paint products, from thin paints to thick acrylic emulsions. They are also deemed the fastest paint sprayers.
High volume low pressure (HVLP) sprayers use air to force the paint into the nozzle, where a low-pressure air stream atomizes the paint particles to form a mist-like spray pattern. These systems are suitable for projects that require precision.
Step 1 – Prepare the area
Here, you must ensure that all areas that won’t be painted are covered with masking tape and plastic drop cloths, now we can proceed to the next step.
Besides, the area to be painted must be kept so that paint can adhere finely to the wall. A dirty wall won’t provide a smooth finish even when the paint is applied.
Step 2 – Prepare the sprayer
Before anything, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions. Mind you, a paint that’s too thin won’t adhere to the surface, while the one that’s too thick may clog the sprayer. The best bet is that you stir to ensure consistency and strain it into the gun’s container to get rid of all debris.
You can now assemble the sprayer and make a test on a small area to cross-check its performance before starting off.
Step 3 – Paint the surface
Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions while painting the entire surface with a steady motion from one side to another. A good spray system gives satisfaction without too much application of paints.
With that settled, use the sprayer as instructed to avoid clogging and leave the surface to dry before taking off the masking tapes.
A good fence sprayer will save a lot of time, money, and energy. Besides, its professional result is unequalled. That’s why choosing the best paint sprayer for fences is essential.
Each of the paint sprayers has virtually everything to provide you with maximum comfort at a reasonable price. All you need to do is picking up the best one that can best serve your purpose.
We hope that our hard work will help you make the best choice of fence sprayer in the market.